Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 22, 1009

nnnnnoooooooooooooooooo?????? dougalognie is going to get married? What? mmmmmk, Jord- I know, Holy Holy HOly Holy c. But, besides the crazy stuff, me and Elder Lish are doing good. This week I tried some new foods like eggplant and chu-chu. The teaching is getting way good!!! we returned to an investigator taught a while ago and he is way interested and we taught him the first, and second lesson these last few days and he understood really well. We also have kicked it up a knotch and made better goals and are really working hard to fulfill them. I am way adicted to studying the scriptures and principles of the gospel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the things I study are crucial!!. Because almost everything I study, and it doesnt matter what or when, but I always use that thing I studied in teaching etc. so its cool. Afew days ago we taught a lady and her husband who is alittle crazy and lost one of his fingers, and they have billions of birds!!!!! one bird they have is cool because it likes to be petted on the head, and when you leave it gets alittle upset and stomps its feet on the ground so you come back. The lady we taught is part of the adventista church,- "mother of abominations" and we taught the second lesson which was alittle hard for her and her husband to understand but we were able to clear up the difficulties teaching slowly and clearly, resolving doubts. And at the end she accepted the invitation to pray and ask it its true. IN my last area I thought about -"why do people not understand these things we teach when they are so clear and simple that you are pretty much beating them in the face and they dont feel it?" and while I was studying the scriptures the lord answered my question in 1N 32:7. I think the time zone is the same here but I dont know, maybe abit different. My area is in Aracruz, Espirito Santo so maybe you can look it up on the internet to see the time zone or something. I learned something really interesting in church this last sunday; That when you ask the lord for patience or something he usually just doesnt give it to you. But he will give you the opportunity to learn it through a trial or something and if you ask for his help and study and do your part he will help you find the solution. I remember a time when I asked the lord to learn what he wanted me to learn (this was before I learned ths principle) and I passed a really really hard time with trials, but I know they were for my good and an answer to my prayers and stregnthened me. If it were not for the trials in our lives we wouldnt be strong enough to resist the damage done by the devil. The Book Of MOrmon, sincere prayer, and going to church are the strength givers from the lord. I know that Jesus Christ lives and through him we are forgiven, and the Lord loves us. Thomas S. monson in the prophet called of the lord that lives today. EM nome de Jesus Cristo amem. Have a good week and Ill be talking to you all again in a few weeks. Love you all and thanks for the help and emails. Elder Davis

No comments: